At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini after they sold their previous company to Ford, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com.
- Communicate effectively to technical project teams and management
- Analyze dependencies so complex work can be done in a timely manner
- Lead the selection, design, and implementation of high-quality solutions
- Establish quality goals and ensure they are met
- Identify and promote idiomatic solutions
- Advise management about technical limitations and risks
- Contribute to feature planning and backlog refinement
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering employment required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The position is based in our downtown Royal Oak, MI office. Must also be available for on-site support in Troy, MI.
- Must have significant, specific experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Modern vehicle architecture
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA) design and/or implementation
- Hardware abstraction
- Zone controller and domain controller integration
- Adaptive AUTOSAR
- High-performance computing
- Embedded hypervisor architecture
- Real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Functional safety
- Vehicle networking
- CAN, MOST, Automotive Ethernet, etc.
- Deep understanding of (Open Systems Interconnection) OSI model
- Modern vehicle architecture
- Experience designing and building production-quality automotive software
- Experience with Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA)
- Software testing (unit, integration, acceptance, performance, etc.)
- Ability to transform ambiguous directions into clarity and value
- Creation of detailed architecture diagrams and descriptions
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to define and refine requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Iterative agile development process
- Technical leadership
- Demonstrated ability to steer stakeholders toward viable solutions
- Comfortable coaching less experienced colleagues to achieve excellence
- Fearless about new technologies and techniques
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- You have implemented software on a variety of operating systems or hardware platforms
- Software tools
- Atlassian Jira (ticket management) and Confluence (wiki)
- Linux-based environment
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills
- IBM Rhapsody for software architecture definition and diagrams
- Testing frameworks
SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Architect”. Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency? Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.