Tome Software has two immediate openings on our development team for Software Project Managers. If you’re looking to work with a proven and award-winning entrepreneurial team to change tech’s status quo through passion and hard work, here’s what you need to know about us and what we need from you.
We’re adding two Software Project Managers to our team to help keep things organized, defined, and on schedule. Our ideal candidate will possess a unique mix of project and product management experience. Of course, this opportunity requires experience with software development and even a little marketing savvy. The goal is to ensure that Tome creates the best products globally by understanding, documenting, and communicating technical requirements, goals, and deliverables. This position will lead the project execution and work directly with Tome’s and Client’s engineering teams to manage end-to-end project lifecycles.
The Software Project Manager position is based in our downtown Royal Oak, MI office. All Tome staff are working from home during the pandemic with an expected back to in-office work date in Summer 2021.
At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com.
Software Project Manager Responsibilities
Own and manage the project lifecycle
- Manage product vision and roadmap with the client and internal teams. Contribute to engineering sprint planning
- Execute our product development process:
- Create and manage timelines, milestones, and resources using project management software (Basecamp, MS Project, Merlin, etc.)
- Defining and tracking all project tasks and product deliverables
- Track bugs and issues with Jira
- Lead the new product Feature – Function – Benefit definition
- Document specifications (Hardware, software, user experience – UX)
- Coordinate alpha and beta testing programs
- Support product launches at trade shows and other industry events
- Minimum four-year engineering degree (BS/MS) in computer science, systems engineering, or a related field
- 1-3 years of professional agile software project management experience
- Ability to travel post-pandemic (domestic and international) 5%-10% for customer meetings and trade shows
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work out of Royal Oak, MI. Note: All Tome staff are working from home during the pandemic with an expected back to in-office work date in summer 2021
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery methods
- Must love technology and possess a “whatever it takes” work attitude
- Experience maintaining projects with Basecamp, Jira, Confluence, or equivalent tools
- Proven ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Must love creating incredible experiences for users, whether they are developers or consumers
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills:
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment
- Automotive experience, including automotive certifications (e.g., ISO, ASPICE)
- Experience with product management, including interviewing customers and stakeholders to define problems and solutions
- Experience working with a development team distributed throughout the U.S.
- Trade show or event management experience
- Cycling background (avid cycling, commuting, design, repair, etc.)
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, stock options, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Software Project Manager.” Include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.