At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com.
Over the last few years, we have designed products with our clients, Fortune 500 companies, as diverse as a last-mile delivery application, a multimodal mobility system (public transit, mapping, parking, etc.), a connected bike application, and many more. Most of our upcoming projects you will be involved in are still super-secret (shhh!) and provide a unique opportunity to work with some of the best customers and solving some of the most interesting problems in the world. Specifically, you will have the opportunity to work on various software engineering projects, wear different hats, and constantly face intriguing new challenges. If you get a kick out of playing with new technologies and learning fast by conducting experiments, then read on!
- Love writing code and analyzing data
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering employment required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The Software Engineer position is based in our downtown Royal Oak, MI office. Remote US-based employees are OK to apply.
- Must have significant, specific experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Embedded Software
- iYou have developed, ported, and optimized C or C++ code for embedded systems or single-board computers
- You have RTOS software development experience
- You have developed embedded platforms and/or at the driver/module-level
- Experience with bluetooth, C-V2X, and/or other wireless development is a plus!
- Algorithm Development (Significant, specific experience required)
- You have designed and implemented non-trivial algorithms in C, C++, python, Matlab,
- You have significant experience debugging application-level code
- You have implemented software on a variety of operating systems or hardware platforms
- You have utilized linters and test frameworks
- Artificial Intelligence
- You have significant experience utilizing AI, ML, CV, or data-focused platforms, products, or frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark, OpenCV.) Local (non-cloud) experience preferred.
- You have experience gathering and annotating data, building classifiers, and training and verifying models.
- Embedded Software
- Must be able to identify and use the right technology to create awesome user experiences
- Must have experience with test code development, software architecture, and design
- Must be a risk-taker, comfortable with rapid prototyping and learning new and unfamiliar technologies
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills:
- Automotive software development experience, especially ADAS systems, V2X messaging or mechanisms, or IVI systems
- AWS cloud infrastructure development experience
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment
SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Sr. Software Engineer – Safety Team – April 2022” Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency? Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.