At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini after they sold their previous company to Ford, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com.
About the Automotive AOSP team
We are expanding a team whose mission is to reduce the cost and increase the speed for OEMs to develop innovative applications within their IVI (In-Vehicle Infotainment) systems powered by Android Automotive.
Learn more at AOSP – Tome.
Many of our upcoming projects involve Android Open Source Project (AOSP), Android Automotive, and Google Automotive Services (GAS). In particular, some of this work will involve integrating new devices, such as displays and input controllers, into an existing Android device tree that will be deployed to an IVI.
- Love writing code and analyzing data
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of professional hardware/software engineering employment required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be local to our downtown Royal Oak, MI office. About half of the staff at Tome is working from home, but we prefer local people for ad hoc in-person meetings (e.g. with clients, to work on hardware, staff meetings, etc)
- Must have significant, specific experience writing device drivers and integrating new devices such as displays, especially in an Android context
- Must have experience with Android device tree development Must have experience with I2C/SPI/MIPI protocols
- Must have some experience with the CAN protocol
- Must be passionate about all things automotive and/or open source software
- Must be a risk-taker, comfortable with rapid prototyping and learning new and unfamiliar technologies
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills:
- Experience modifying and building the Android operating system (AOSP), Android Automotive OS (AAOS), or Google Automotive Services (GAS)
- Experience with Android app development
- Automotive software development experience, especially ADAS systems or V2X messaging or mechanisms
SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to email@example.com with subject “Sr. Android Developer”. Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency? Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.