At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini after they sold their previous company to Ford, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients.
About the Automotive AOSP team
We are expanding a team whose mission is to reduce the cost and increase the speed for OEMs to develop innovative applications within their IVI (In-Vehicle Infotainment) systems powered by Android Automotive.
Learn more at AOSP – Tome.
Many of our upcoming projects involve Android Open Source Project (AOSP), Android Automotive, and Google Automotive Services (GAS). This includes third party app development, system app development and system service development.
- Love writing code and analyzing data
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software engineering employment required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The Software Engineer position is based in our downtown Royal Oak, MI office. About half of the staff at Tome is working from home, but we prefer local people for ad hoc
- The ideal candidate has significant, specific experience developing Android applications in Kotlin (preferred) or Java
- Experience with modern Android software patterns such as the repo pattern, MVVM, etc strongly preferred
- Must be passionate about all things automotive and/or open source software
- Must have experience with test code software architecture and design
- Must be able to identify and use the right technology to create awesome user experiences
- Must be a risk-taker, comfortable with rapid prototyping and learning new and unfamiliar technologies
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills:
- Experience modifying and building the Android operating system (AOSP), Android Automotive OS (AAOS), or Google Automotive Services (GAS)
- Experience creating or modifying custom Android images
- Experience developing, modifying, or installing custom Android device drivers
- Automotive software development experience, especially ADAS systems or V2X messaging or mechanisms
- Experience with developing within QNX environments
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment
SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Sr. Android Developer”. Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency? Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.