At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini after they sold their previous company to Ford, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at www.tomesoftware.com.
- Develop and integrate device drivers for Linux
- Support technical discussions with the hardware supplier and the customer
- Develop other low-level solutions to extend system capabilities
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering employment required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The position is based in our downtown Royal Oak, MI office
- Hardware integration experience
- Ideal candidate has written several Linux device drivers
- HAL design and implementation experience
- Working knowledge of PCIe bus and peripherals
- Deep understanding of Linux internals
- Low-level software development experience
- Proficient in C and C++
- Fluent in all aspects of threading, memory management, interrupts, etc.
- Networking experience
- Strong understanding of Ethernet and related switching architectures
- Familiar with all levels of the OSI model
- Knowledge about performance tuning, QoS, etc.
- Experience designing and building production-quality automotive software
- Software testing (unit, integration, acceptance, performance, etc.)
- Comfortable using Git or other version control systems
- Well versed in cybersecurity (e.g. can explain Meltdown, Spectre, and their mitigations)
- Fearless about new technologies and techniques
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Implemented software on a variety of operating systems or hardware platforms
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills
- Produced custom YOCTO Linux builds
- Experience with BSP implementation and integration
- Android platform development
- Microcontroller programming
- Linux kernel module development
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment
- Automotive experience, including automotive certifications (e.g., ISO, ASPICE) 8. Experience working with a development team distributed across time zones
SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to email@example.com with subject “Low-level Developer” Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team