Are you a sales professional looking for a new gig where you are a part of the executive team making decisions based on what’s best for the client without the corporate red tape? Are you jonesing to build up a new sales team made up of only A-players? Tired of chasing quarterly objectives with goal posts that keep moving out? You’ve come to the right place.
We have a unique backstory for the Director of Sales job. At Tome, we started in 2014 after successfully exiting the founders’ previous business to Ford in 2013. We started and continue to build a team and business based on trust, experience, and speed.
Post-pandemic, while most of Metro-Detroit has experienced the Great Resignation, we’ve been able to grow, doubling our LTM revenue to $5M and our team from 15 to over 30 people.
Trust has always been the foundation of our client relationships. Unlike most software services companies, our clients trust us to regularly say no to projects where we can refer a better-experienced company to do the job. As a result, we are trusted to be brought in early on strategic planning. These relationships are so vital to us that we’ve only had our CEO and President managing sales and business development up to this point.
Looking ahead, our clients are asking us to grow our programs. We’ve hit a point where it’s time to start building out a sales, account management, and business development team. Like all positions at Tome, we’re only interested in candidates who can do the job better than we can do it ourselves.
The right candidate will be able to bring their experiences to Tome and help us level up our sales organization to world-class. The right fit is someone who values and understands our culture of trust over cash. While we’re building out a formal organization for sales, we’ll never concede to putting our customers and staff first.
We’re looking for a rockstar candidate with the right mix of CTO-like technical prowess and proven ability to build and lead a sales organization. The Director of Sales reports to the CEO and works closely with the core executive team.
Sound like a fit?
At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape.
Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com.
Tome Software Services
Tome stays on the cutting edge of all things tech. Avoiding “fart apps” at all costs, Tome works with blue-chip clients and big tech platform partners on some of the coolest projects on earth.
- Tome Safety Team Services – Tome has been leading the industry in vulnerable road user (VRU) safety for bicycles, scooters, and pedestrians for the past five years. Tome founded a safety standards consortium with over 12 companies, now held at SAE ITC, on a mission for safer roads. Tome provides software services for several automotive customers and is well-positioned to participate in DOT funding as part of the Infrastructure Bill.
- Tome Android Automotive Open Source Project (AOSP) Team Services – Tome is in a select group of companies that work on Google’s various automotive applications and services. We believe that Android is the future platform for automotive connectivity and have built out a services team to support the various Google products, including AOSP, Android Automotive, and Android Auto.
- Tome IoT Services – While automotive is the majority of Tome’s business and growing, IoT has the highest growth opportunity and provides strong diversification. Tome’s client work includes high-end audio connectivity, connected workspace software, high-end imaging software, autonomous drone flight software, connected cycling apps, blockchain security, and even robotics work. We even have a Bluetooth subject matter expert on staff.
- Grow our $5M in annual sales to $15M:
- Develop new client opportunities, including traveling to trade shows and online lead generation.
- Manage existing client relationships, including account management with Tome’s engineering leadership on existing client programs through monthly team reviews + annual executive reviews.
- Live in our CRM – Pipedrive – Continuously improve our CRM process with new tools, plugins, pipeline tactics, etc.
- Build out and manage the sales team with a mix of account managers and new business development staff (full-time and contractors.)
- Contribute to Tome’s overall direction and strategy:
- Responsible for revenue-related monthly and quarterly KPI targets.
- Contribute to strategic technology and service offerings.
- Contribute to maintain Tome’s leadership position within smart city (ITS) connectivity (V2X.)
- Contribute to marketing strategy and support marketing execution.
- Located in Metro Detroit and able to work in our downtown Royal Oak headquarters:
- Hybrid work environment and plenty of flexibility.
- Unfortunately, remote work is not possible with the job. (We are onsite with our clients multiple times a week, therefore we need someone that’s full time local in Southeast Michigan.)
- Authorized to work in the US with a valid driver’s license.
- 5-10 years of experience in technical sales.
- Min 5 years experience in selling technical products.
- Min 3 years of experience managing and improving pipeline processes through a CRM tool (Salesforce, Pipedrive, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience managing staff preferred.
- Engineering degree preferred.
- Base salary and bonus targets.
- 4 weeks vacation + 15 paid holidays.
- Retirement 3% match.
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills
- You consider yourself a spreadsheet guru.
- You were the admin for your company’s CRM tool, responsible for how the CRM tool was set up and the standard processes for all teams using the CRM.
- You have direct experience with automotive software (sales or business development), including but not limited to ADAS systems, V2X, or IVI.
- You worked as a software developer at some point in your professional career.
Hybrid work environment, retirement savings with company match, 4-weeks paid vacation, 15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to email@example.com with the subject “Sales Director June 2022” Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency? Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.