At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini after they sold their previous company to Ford, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at www.tomesoftware.com.
- Communicate effectively to technical project teams and management
- Analyze dependencies and requirements so complex work can be done in a timely manner
- Lead the selection, design, and implementation of high-quality solutions
- Lead feature planning and backlog refinement
- Establish quality goals and ensure they are met
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering employment required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available for on-site support in Troy, MI as needed
Must have significant, specific experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Modern vehicle architecture
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA) design and/or implementation
- Hardware abstraction
- Zone controller and domain controller integration
- High-performance computing
- Embedded hypervisor architecture
- Real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Functional safety
- Vehicle networking
- CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, etc.
- Deep understanding of (Open Systems Interconnection) OSI model
Must have experience designing and building production-quality automotive software
- Software testing (unit, integration, acceptance, performance, etc.)
Must have ability to transform ambiguous directions into clarity and value
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to define and refine requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Iterative agile development process
- Demonstrated ability to steer stakeholders toward viable solutions
Must be fearless about new technologies and techniques
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Implemented software on a variety of operating systems or hardware platforms Must be familiar with software tools Atlassian Jira (ticket management) and Confluence (wiki) Bonus skills Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills
- IBM Jazz for lifecycle management
- IBM Rhapsody for software architecture definition and diagrams
- Testing frameworks
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment
- Automotive experience, including automotive certifications (e.g., ISO, ASPICE)
- Experience working with a development team distributed across time zones
SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome, paternity/maternity paid leave, and more…
Apply now to email@example.com with subject “Sr. AOSP Hardware Engineer”. Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency? Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.