Opportunities at Tome
We work on secret projects with the coolest customers and take on the most interesting problems in the world. While most of the projects go public, much of our coolest work often stays secret.
At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com.
Tome Software has an immediate job opening for a software engineer to port and optimize application and system-level code for ARM processors, QNX systems, and/or NXP platforms. Over the last few years, we have designed products with our clients, Fortune 500 companies, as diverse as a last-mile delivery application, a multimodal mobility system (public transit, mapping, parking, etc.), a connected bike application, and many more. Most of our upcoming projects you will be involved in are still super-secret (shhh!) and provide a unique opportunity to work with some of the best customers and solving some of the most interesting problems in the world. Specifically, you will have the opportunity to work on various software engineering projects, wear different hats, and constantly face intriguing new challenges. If you get a kick out of playing with new technologies and learning fast by conducting experiments, then read on!
- Love writing code and analyzing data
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of professional software engineering employment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The Software Engineer position is based in our downtown Royal Oak, MI office. Remote US-based employees are OK to apply. All Tome staff are working from home during the pandemic with an expected back to in-office work date in July 2021
- Must have specific experience in the following areas:
- Porting and optimizing code for ARM processors, QNX systems, and/or NXP platforms
- C++ development
- RTOS software development
- Developing embedded platforms and/or at the driver/module-level
- Must be able to identify and use the right technology to create awesome user experiences
- Must have experience with test code development, software architecture, and design
- Must be a risk-taker, comfortable with rapid prototyping and learning new and unfamiliar technologies
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills:
- Other software development experience, especially:
- Mobile (iOS; Swift, and/or Android; Java, Kotlin)
- Hardware and embedded software development (C/C++, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, sensors, Bluetooth, etc)
- Automotive ADAS systems or V2X messaging or mechanisms
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment
SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, stock options, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to email@example.com with subject “Software Engineer”. Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency?
Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.
The nest is currently full, but if you want to send us your stuff go ahead!
Don’t see the gig that’s perfect for you, but still love what we’re doing? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and we’d love to keep your info on file as we open up new positions.
Technologies We Use
Used for embedded systems. Enables devices to interpret sensor readings at the lowest level and tells the rest of the system what each device is doing.
Objective-C & Swift
Building iPhone, iPad, and Mac apps.
Building Android apps for phones and tablets to integrate activity and health data into daily life.
Used to gather the data needed to interact with the real world, in real life.
Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE)
Stateless communication that sends sensor data somewhere useful.
Portals / Gateways / Dashboards
Helps individuals track their goals, lets organizations understand trends and presents the data in a useful way.
Internet of Things (IoT)
The vast network of interconnected hardware components, sensors and services that record, share, analyze and present data for a limitless variety of practical worldly applications.
Cutting edge software distribution platform to keep our systems highly customizable while staying stable.