VP of Sales and Business Development – Software Services
About Tome Mobility Services
Tome Inc. is a proven leader that works with Fortune 500 companies to design, develop, validate and launch software solutions, connected products and services in the mobility tech space. Experience with technologies that include mapping, artificial intelligence and wireless communication uniquely positions Tome to support its clients. Tome goes far beyond software development. Tome’s “owls” are experts in mobility tech, smart city concept development and the evaluation of artificial intelligence integration strategies. Tome’s network of resources, expertise with third-party hardware and software integrations, and dedication to putting the right team and tools to work on any challenge increases project efficiency.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Sales and Business Development is responsible for managing Tome’s current $3 million business and growing it to $10 million in revenue over the next three years.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small business and help us grow. The ideal candidate has a strong background and demonstrated experience in selling and managing business development for software services, mostly within the automotive and mobility markets. Our new VP will have an opportunity to build new relationships, develop business channels and grow their own existing network.
The job responsibilities include managing Tome clients independently; making strategic decisions about business development and sales; and creating business development and sales teams through direct hires and/or channel reps to support revenue growth. The VP will also work with our engineering and product development teams to represent the client and market.
Specific 2019 duties and responsibilities include:
- Sales (60 percent of the time)
- Manage key existing clients and recurring program business.
- Generate new client sales with existing clients.
- Managing inbound RFQ and RFI requests.
- Business Development -> New Sales Revenue Opportunities (20 percent of the time)
- Traveling to trade shows and industry events (CES, Mobile World Congress, automotive shows, mobility conferences, smart city conferences, etc.)
- Developing a list of longer-term sales and partnership opportunities.
- Managing and developing the list of Tome’s partnerships as a third party independent software vendor (ISV) for client work.
- Create new distribution strategies for new markets.
- Happy Clients (15 percent of the time)
- Ensuring the engineering team is on time and on expectations from purchase order to scope of work deliveries.
- Continuously improve the sales process (SOW, client communications, etc.) that includes pricing, resource estimates, testing, and timing.
- Influence corporate strategy (5 percent of the time)
- Support key product and service positioning and update sales tools and collateral materials as needed.
- Influence future product portfolio with engineering and product teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Technical degree preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Five to 10 years of experience in sales and/or business development using a CRM.
- Must live in southeast Michigan. (No relocation, sorry!)
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) – expected 15-20 percent.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience managing sales and/or business development within automotive OEMs, automotive suppliers, mobility ecosystem, smart cities and/or software services.
- Possess a “whatever it takes” work attitude.
- Proven ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems.
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills
- Software technical background.
- Specific experience in automotive safety technologies (V2V / V2X, DSRC, ADAS, etc.).
- Experience with state or federal government grants (SBIR, NSF, etc.).
- Cycling background (avid cycling, commuting, racing, design, repair, etc.).
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary, plus commission, plus bonus structure.
- Stock options.
- SIMPLE IRA with 3 percent company match.
- 12-15 paid holidays.
- Group health care (75 percent covered by Tome).
Who is Tome?
From their office nest in metro Detroit, Tome’s wise, challenge-hungry owls live to take on the world’s most-intriguing tech puzzles. Led by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini, Tome operates in the Internet of Things tech space, specializing in providing software services. Tome manages the end-to-end product lifecycle to conceive, craft, pilot and launch solutions to real-world problems. Tome stocks its team with the right people and always gives them the best tools for the job. Sigal and Baldini founded Tome in 2014 after Ford acquired their first startup, Livio. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com.
Apply now to email@example.com with subject “VP of Sales and Biz Dev.” Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.