Software Engineer – Software Services
About Tome Mobility Services
Tome Inc. is a proven leader in working with Fortune 500 companies to design, develop, validate and launch software/connected products and services in the mobility tech space. Experience working with technologies that include mapping, artificial intelligence and wireless communication uniquely positions Tome to support its clients. Tome goes far beyond software development. Tome’s “owls” are experts in V2X, mobility tech, smart city concept development and the evaluation of artificial intelligence integration strategies.
Tome Software has an immediate job opening for a software engineer in our super-awesome office in downtown Royal Oak. Over the last few years we have designed products with our clients, Fortune 500 companies, as diverse as a last mile delivery application, a multimodal mobility system (public transit, mapping, parking, etc.), a connected bike application and many more. Most of our upcoming projects you will be involved in are still super secret (shhh!) and provide a unique opportunity to work with some of the best customers and solving some of the most interesting problems in the world. Specifically, you will have the opportunity to work on various software engineering projects, wear different hats and constantly face intriguing new challenges. If you get a kick out of playing with new technologies and learning fast by conducting experiments, then read on!
- Love writing code and analyzing data
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering or a related field
- A minimum of 1 year of software engineering experience
- Must live or be willing to live within 15 miles of Royal Oak, Mich.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be a software engineering generalist with expert proficiency in at least one of the following areas:
- Mobile (iOS; Swift, Objective-C, and/or Android; Java, Kotlin)
- HW/embedded (C/C++, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, sensors, Bluetooth, etc)
- Automotive ADAS systems, DSRC or V2X messaging or mechanisms
- Must be able to identify and use the right technology to create awesome user experiences.
- Will be involved in software development and test code development, software architecture and design.
- Must be a risk taker, comfortable with rapid prototyping and learning new and unfamiliar technologies.
- Must have a finished project — an available app, an open source project, or any other interesting personal project that we can look at as an example of your work.
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills:
- Knowledge of technologies used in location-based services (LBS), multimodal journey planning, mapping (GTFS, NAPTAN, OSM) and/or smart cities (DSRC, C-V2X.).
- Cycling background (avid cycling, commuting, racing, design, repair, etc.).
- Experience with government grants (SBIR, NSF, etc.).
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary, plus bonus structure.
- Stock options.
- SIMPLE IRA with 3 percent company match.
- 12-15 paid holidays.
- Group health care (75 percent covered by Tome).
Who is Tome?
From their office nest in metro Detroit, Tome’s wise, challenge-hungry owls live to take on the world’s most-intriguing tech puzzles. Led by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini, Tome operates in the Internet of Things tech space, specializing in providing software services. Tome manages the end-to-end product lifecycle to conceive, craft, pilot and launch solutions to real-world problems. Tome stocks its team with the right people and always gives them the best tools for the job. Sigal and Baldini founded Tome in 2014 after Ford acquired their first startup, Livio. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com .
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Software Engineer”. Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency?
Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.