At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com.
Over the last few years, we have designed products with our clients, Fortune 500 companies, as diverse as a last-mile delivery application, a multimodal mobility system (public transit, mapping, parking, etc.), a connected bike application, and many more. Most of our upcoming projects you will be involved in are still super-secret (shhh!) and provide a unique opportunity to work with some of the best customers and solving some of the most interesting problems in the world.
Specifically, you will be leading a team of Software Engineers working on various engineering projects, and constantly facing intriguing new challenges. If you are passionate about great and elegant technology solutions and get a kick out of being part of the growing management team for an innovative software engineering company involved in delighting its clients, then read on!
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing software engineers, with an additional 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing and releasing production software
- Experience writing test cases
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- This position is based in our downtown Royal Oak, MI office. Remote US-based employees are OK to apply. All Tome staff are working from home during the pandemic with an expected back to in-office work date in late 2021
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Must have significant, specific experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Embedded Software
- You have developed, ported, and optimized C or C++ code for ARM processors, QNX systems, and/or NXP platforms
- You have RTOS software development experience
- You have developed embedded platforms and/or at the driver/module-level
- Experience with bluetooth development is a plus!
- Backend Web Development
- You have developed and debugged Node.JS applications
- You have implemented popular frameworks and packages (HAPI, Express, Socket.io, redis, etc)
- You are proficient at designing and parsing SQL queries and have experience with NoSQL datastores
- You have utilized linters and test frameworks
- Vue or Angular experience is a plus!
- Mobile App Development
- You have significant experience developing Kotlin or Swift applications, and their associated mobile platform(s) and SDKs.
- Experience with bluetooth development is a plus!
- Experience with wearable app development is a plus!
- Must also have experience:
- Using professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishing engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Supporting and developing software engineers by providing advice, and mentoring junior and mid-level engineers
- Growing your engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting, and hiring
- Working collaboratively with the management team
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills:
- Automotive software development experience, especially ADAS systems or V2X messaging or mechanisms
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment
SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, stock options, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Software Engineering Manager” Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency? Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.