At Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech innovation is about connections in the real world. It’s about the social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini after they sold their previous company to Ford, Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve complex problems by creating software that brings people together in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients. Learn more about Tome at https://www.tomesoftware.com.
Over the last few years, we have designed products with our clients, Fortune 500 companies, as diverse as a last-mile delivery application, a multimodal mobility system (public transit, mapping, parking, etc.), a connected bike application, and many more. Most of our upcoming projects you will be involved in are still super-secret (shhh!) and provide a unique opportunity to work with some of the best customers and solving some of the most interesting problems in the world. Specifically, you will have the opportunity to work on various software engineering projects, wear different hats, and constantly face intriguing new challenges. If you get a kick out of playing with new technologies and learning fast by conducting experiments, then read on!
- Love writing code and analyzing data
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering employment required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- The Software Engineer position is based in our downtown Royal Oak, MI office. Remote US-based employees are OK to apply. All Tome staff are working from home during the pandemic with an expected back to in-office work date in late 2021
- Must have significant, specific experience in Mobile App Development
- You have significant experience developing Kotlin or Swift applications, and their associated mobile platform(s) and SDKs.
- Experience with bluetooth development is a plus!
- Experience with wearable app development is a plus!
- Must be able to identify and use the right technology to create awesome user experiences
- Must have experience with test code development, software architecture, and design
- Must be a risk-taker, comfortable with rapid prototyping and learning new and unfamiliar technologies
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills:
- Automotive software development experience, especially
- ADAS systems or V2X messaging or mechanisms
- Experience working in a lean, startup environment
SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, stock options, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75% covered by Tome.
Apply now to email@example.com with subject “Mobile App Developer – Project A” Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
Are you a recruitment agency? Tome does not accept agency resumes, sorry. Please do not forward resumes to our employees, management, or any of our associated alias emails. We don’t use headhunters and never pay referral fees.